Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs
MY WEIGHTS ARE GONE, I AM SET FREE!

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Saturday's Serenity

I just love Saturdays. Usually on a typical Saturday, I get one extra hour of sleep. I get to spend some quality and quantity time with my family, and I do not have to cook. We always go out to eat on Saturday's. To me Saturday's are like a breath of fresh air. It is my time to breath in life a little deeper, steadier and fuller. I think of it this way. Monday - Friday's I am usually running... my breath is more labored, more deliberate, more rhythmic. But, Saturday's things slow down to a leisurely walk. A serene journey where I am not laboring to breath, it does not matter how far I have to go, or how fast I have to get there. Saturday's I just get to stop and smell the roses.

As I sit here to write this, it is bright outside, quiet inside as everyone else is still asleep, and the aroma of fresh brewed coffee fills the air. I am alone with God and my thoughts and it is well with my soul. Now, I will add to my list of all the many gifts and blessings I may not see as clearly during the work week as I do on a Saturday. Here we go:


26. The stillness of morning.
27. The aroma of coffee.
28. Saturday's
29. My dog's playful barks.
30. My husband's snore.
31. A comfy pair of fuzzy slippers.
32. A warm quite house.
33. A favorite chair.
34. God's word.
35. Serenity and peace.


"If the house is worthy, give it your blessing of peace..."
Matthew 10:13

0 comments:

Post a Comment