Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs
MY WEIGHTS ARE GONE, I AM SET FREE!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

What a Difference A Year Makes


This picture represents Liposuction instruments used by Doctors. OUCH!

At this time last year I had considered meeting with a plastic surgeon to go over some plastic surgery options such as liposuction and a tummy tuck. I had done some research on these topics on the inter net and was weighing out the options. I am so thankful to God that I was not in the financial place to afford these procedures last summer because I would have never had the opportunity to experience my Thin Within adventure this summer. I would have never known if I had taken the easy way out (Plastic Surgery), how rewarding it is to do things God's way (the not so easy way out). Sometimes it is easier as people to just seek out the created things such as Plastic Surgery instead of the Creator Himself. God. It is easier to work 3 jobs and save the money then, to spend not a dime and receive so much more then what Plastic Surgery could give me. You see by taking the not so easy road, I really chose the easier option. God's way is the best way for me. It is the easiest way even though it caused me to let go of my selfish ambitions and run after His plan instead. It would have been a lot easier and a lot quicker for me to get Plastic Surgery. I would have had the instant results I was looking for. But at what risk? I have known people who have had surgeries and have had to get them redone for various reasons. I have known people who have had liposuction and have gained all the weight back. I have heard that people have even lost their lives during such procedures. Liposuction is not the answer. A tummy tuck is not the answer. God is! At least He is for me. You see the way I look at it is like this: If I had Plastic Surgery it would have never caused me to look at the very reason that I ran to food for comfort. Surgery would not have removed the greed and the gluttony that I had in my heart for food. It also would have never caused me to dig deep within and find out why I was running to food in the first place. Therefore, I probably would have gained all of the weight back after going bankrupt to have my instant results. On top of that, I probably would have gained even more weight then I had on me before I had the surgeries. That is what statistics tell me anyways. So why was I so obsessed with surgery last Summer after knowing these statistics? Well, simply because it would have given me the instant slimming results I so desperately wanted. I would have had the desired body I wanted without exercising and making food behave. I was so sick of counting calories and eating tasteless meals to make my weight go down. I wanted the best of both worlds; the body I wanted and the food I wanted. Thus, Plastic Surgery was the answer. Or so I thought. God had a different plan in mind for me. A plan of total surrender to a master surgeon. Yes, I did have surgery. Heart surgery that is. God used His skilled surgeon hands to cut out all the weights in my heart, all the things that pulled me towards food. The weight came pouring off. This kind of surgery, the kind that God does lasts forever. There is no fear that I will gain the weight back if I continually allow myself to go under his surgeons knife. The best part of it all is that it is free. I just have to surrender. Fully surrender. Through the surrendering there is transformation. My size 14 shrunk down to a size 6. I went down 4 sizes in 4 months. Yes liposuction and a tummy tuck could have given me results like this too, but would the results have lasted? I think not. I still would have run to food for comfort and eventually I would have put the weight back on and probably have felt even more hopeless then ever. Thank God He has called me by name and I heard Him. Oh! By the way, I can eat whatever I want and still lose the weight His way. No calorie counting or tasteless foods required. My Thin Within Adventure has brought me a freedom that is unbelievable, unimaginable and quite remarkable. Because He is UNBELIEVABLE, UNIMAGINABLE, REMARKABLE, WONDERFUL, TO MARVELOUS FOR WORDS!

"O LORD, I will honor and praise your name, for you are my God. You do such wonderful things! You planned them long ago, and now you have accomplished them." Isaiah 25:1

0 comments:

Post a Comment