Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs
MY WEIGHTS ARE GONE, I AM SET FREE!

Monday, August 9, 2010

In the Details

Over the past month the Lord has really worked out some of the big issues in my life. Huge details of my life that were just easier to ignore rather then to deal with. Thin Within showed me how to deal with them. I felt weights lift off me day by day. Freedom surge week after week and I was able to release more physical weight as well. I am much lighter physically, mentally and spiritually. Closer to my goal of losing 40 pounds. I am at 127 pounds today. I lost a total of 20 pounds since I started this journey. I have my last 20 pounds to go. Now I have to face all of the little details in my life. The small things that add up to 20 more pounds of extra baggage. Things like letting go of control, walking in His promises, having more faith and trusting God for the little things as well as the big things. I learned from a banker once that they are taught to detect counterfeit money by studying the real thing. So in order to detect all the false little details of my life. The little lies that I have believed over the years I must study the real thing. God. Sit at his feet and learn about who He is again. Dig into His word and feast. Listen for His voice and respond, and to be grateful for the bumpy journey thus far. For some reason all of the larger pieces of baggage I was carrying around with me skewed my vision of who God really is. I am learning to be grateful again. Learning to hear His voice speak to me again. I am writing again. I was a passionate journaler all of my life. But, when circumstances started to intensify in my life, I stopped writing. I had writers block for 12 years. Now, that block has been lifted since I started Thin Within. I can write again! I started this blog and a personal journal that I write in by hand every day. This new small detail of writing again has added a magnanimous resolution to my life that has brought both freedom and a beam of glorious light that illuminates the dark places in my heart. I can finally see that there is hope for my future again. I know that I will reach my goal weight of 107 pounds. That is a healthy weight for me. The last 20 pounds may not come off as quickly as the first 20 did, but I know that it will come off. I will take my time allowing God to work on the little details of my life, one by one, inch by inch, and pound by precious pound.

"...not even the smallest detail of God's law will disappear until its purpose is achieved." Matthew 5:18

1 comments:

One Pretty Little Box said...

This was beautiful to read! Glad things are looking like they should for you, and that God will be GLORIFIED by this lovely testimony!

Post a Comment