Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs
MY WEIGHTS ARE GONE, I AM SET FREE!

Monday, January 31, 2011

Pure Peace


I have two beautiful Shetland Sheepdogs named Chance and Jammer, both of which have captured my entire heart. They greet me every day when I come home from work with a song of praise. They lift their little faces straight up in the air and howl the most beautiful song of "Thank God You Are Home, I've Missed You" to me. They love everyone in the family and greet us all the same way when we come home from being gone at work or school. They also get along beautifully with one another except for last Summer. We went away on vacation at the end of August and had my nephew who is 21 come and stay at the house with the dogs while we were away. He did a great job watching the house and dogs, but the dogs were a bit stressed out while we were away because we have never left them before. When we returned home they started to fight with one another. I mean serious fighting too. The bigger one Jammer, bit off the smaller one Chance's, toe nail. I had to rush Chance to the vet and they had to plug up the hole that was left in his paw and bandage him up. I had to keep the dogs separate for a while until I could reintroduce them to one another without a fight. It was a very stressful time for my family and especially for our two beloved dogs. I was so upset about the whole situation I decided to fast and pray. I asked God for His peace to permeate my household. I asked God to show me what I needed to do to promote this kind of peace in my home. I was amazed at how quickly God came to my rescue when I handed this whole situation over to Him in prayer. Within a couple of days the fighting stopped. Today, you would never know that there was any fighting ever between my two babies. They now look after each other, eat out of the same bowl, sleep together and get along like two peas in a pod again. This whole ordeal showed me how God cares about EVERY DETAIL in our lives. So much so that He even takes care of our pets for us. The peace and harmony in my life ever since this mess started with my dogs, has been so amazing I can't even begin to tell you. I now know for sure that God cares for me so deeply. I always knew this truth, but now I have experienced this truth first hand. There is a big difference in knowing and experiencing. I thank God for His peace and harmony and pray for all of you my friends that you will experience true peace in your lives in every situation.
"Now may the Lord of peace himself give you his peace at all times and in every situation. The Lord be with you all." 2 Thessalonians 3:16
"I am leaving you with a gift--peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don't be troubled or afraid." John 14:27

2 comments:

InWeighOverMyHead said...

thank you so much for your super sweet words today. My baby's name is Angelina. :) If you want, you can give me your e-mail address and I can send you the link to my family site so you can see my kids. :)

Me said...

Lisa you bet... my address is abrignola831@yahoo.com

Post a Comment