Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs
MY WEIGHTS ARE GONE, I AM SET FREE!

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Yesterday Into Today


As the dawn of a new day arises,
I sit reflecting on yesterday.

Yesterday you whispered in my ear,
My deaf ears were opened to hear your voice speak.

Yesterday you called my name;
I heard you and answered.

Yesterday you took the broken and shattered pieces of my heart and held them in your hands;
Those hands put every piece back together and what was once broken is now mended whole and healed.

Yesterday you replaced depression and pain;
with the fullness of joy and gladness.

Yesterday you traded and exchanged the sack cloth that I was wearing that was stained with blood and ashes;
for the garment of praise brighter and whiter then new snow.

Yesterday you wiped my tears, lifted my downcast face and filled my heart with laughter.

Yesterday you rescued me from the pit I could not escape from.

Today I stand wearing the finest of garments, my head is held high, for I know I stand on solid ground and cannot be shaken. My feet are anchored on THE ROCK.

Yesterday into today is a new day, and every new day I wake up is brighter and fuller because of those every yesterday into today moments of victory.

Thank you for a new day. I stand in AWE of you.

"Your life will be brighter than the noonday. Even darkness will be as bright as morning." Job 11:17

2 comments:

Toyin O. said...

Amen, his faithfulness yetserday always gives us strenght to face today. He is our unmovable rock:) Great post.

Me said...

Thank you Toyin.

Post a Comment