Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs
MY WEIGHTS ARE GONE, I AM SET FREE!

Friday, January 21, 2011

Thank God It's Friday

Today was a busy day for me. My boss was out today. I had to go in and be boss today, because I am second in command. I had to go in at 7:00 am instead of my usual time of 8:00 am. I had to work with a new girl who is training and I mostly helped her figure out what to do all day. I came home exhausted and tired. Usually when I am exhausted and tired I eat. I actually did just that too. I am trying to get to the point in my life where food is not the source of comfort. Over the summer when I began my Thin Within journey it seemed so easy. Life over the summer is pretty easy. I do not have to work. I get the summers off, so there is no stress of working. Now that it is the dead of winter and I am working, there is stress. I gained a couple of pounds since summer. This is very discouraging to me, but I will not let it get me down. I will instead remember where God has brought me. How far He has taken me and how wonderful the journey was so far. Now that stress is here and I am back to living in the "Thank God It Is Friday" mode, I will think of Summer. How, very soon I will be sitting on the dock at my camp, feeling the warm sun hitting my face, hearing the water crash up on the rocks, and listing to the cheerful splash of my kids swimming. These are the thoughts I will have. I will not let stress win this time as I have so many other times before. Stress has lost! I will remember that today on my Thank God It Is Friday moment. God is bigger then stress. I can finish this journey to lose all of the weight I know I have to lose. Twenty down, twenty more to go. My food is to finish this work. My food is not to eat when stressed!

"My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work."
John 4:34

0 comments:

Post a Comment