Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs
MY WEIGHTS ARE GONE, I AM SET FREE!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Fruit In The Winter


Today is one of the coldest day's of the year. Tomorrow is expected to be even colder. As I sit here writing this in the warmth and shelter of my home, I write with thankfulness in my heart that I have shelter and safety from the cold that assails outside. This reminds me of how God provides me with the same kind of protection. That God's wings of protection hold me and shelter me from the spiritual harmful elements that assail me. I am reminded today that although it may feel -100 outside, I am protected from the cold by the beautiful shelter of His arms. He will never leave me or forsake me. He will cover me with warmth, mercy and grace all of the days of my life. Life can be cold, so cold that we have a hard time sometimes recognizing the blessings that are in them. I was in this state for quite some time. I felt abandoned by God, alone and cold. I called this my Winter Season. Over the Summer I had a great breakthrough. I felt God melting away the stone cold ice of my heart. I was able to hear the birds sing again. I was able to see the lifeless trees that looked dead and barren grow new buds of lustrous leaves and blossoms. I was able to touch and smell the flowers that were growing again in the garden of my soul. That is why here... today in the dead of Winter on the coldest day of the year so far, I am warm in my heart, soul and spirit. I am comfortable and cozy warm today. I know that although outside it is below zero, here on the inside it is a warm beautiful day. The birds are still singing their joyful song, the trees are waving their vibrant, colorful branches. I am at peace and content within the world. It is well with my soul. In the dead of winter my tree is still green and filled with fruit. Here by the Living Waters, life is in full bloom.

"They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season. Their leaves never wither, and they prosper in all they do." Psalm 1:3

0 comments:

Post a Comment