Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs
MY WEIGHTS ARE GONE, I AM SET FREE!

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Snow Day


Gotta love a snow day! I did as a kid and I do now as a mom and school employee. I was so excited when I woke up this morning to see the snow falling. I went straight downstairs to the living room, turned on the TV and waited anxiously to see the list of school closings. As soon as my district was listed I leaped for joy, and proclaimed to my two teenage boys (who were still fast asleep), there was a SNOW DAY! They both grumbled something under their breath, turned over and returned to their comatose sleep. Me on the other hand, went back to dancing, leaping for joy and singing the "Snow Day" song. It was priceless. Life is filled with surprises. Little nuggets of joy like a simple snow day can remind you of God's unfailing love towards you. You see, my boss called me last night to tell me she was not going to be in work today. This meant last night I had to scramble through the sub list, call the people on that list until I reached someone that would agree to come in and fill in today. Then I had to wake up through the night last night to my horrible cramping from my monthly cycle (you know how it can be girls, and for all you men out there well you just don't know the half of it), and a headache the size of Texas. I cried out to God last night God get me through tomorrow. Then I woke up this morning to snow and a SNOW DAY! This just shows me that when you cry out to God, even for a simple thing like asking Him to get you through the day, He comes to your rescue. I thank God today for this Snow Day. I don't think I would have gotten through the day today in the condition I was in without being frazzled. I am so thankful God rescued me from being frazzled today.

"The LORD says, "I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name." Psalm 91:14

God rescues us from big things and little things. He comes quickly and he rescues us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment