Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs
MY WEIGHTS ARE GONE, I AM SET FREE!

Monday, January 17, 2011

Memories


Memories. We all have them. Today my memories are all on my father. He passed away 7 years ago today. Today we celebrate Martin Luther King Day. A man who fought to end segregation and to give his people equal rights. People all over our country will have memorial services to honor Dr. King. I acknowledge this special day too. Without Martin Luther we would not have Barack Obama as President. Oprah on TV. Can you imagine that? I am thankful today for what Martin Luther did yesterday. But, my heart and mind are focused on another man today. My daddy. A man that I admire above all other men. A man that fought a courageous battle with cancer and lost that battle seven years ago today. A man that taught me who God was, never to abandon my faith, and how to love unconditional. God gives us great men in our life time to follow and admire and to be inspired by. But, he also takes them away. When they are gone we can do one of two things, sit around and be angry because they were taken away and forget the lessons we learned from them. Or, we can thank God for the time that we had with them and carry the lessons we learned form them as a torch to inflame others with the light of all the teachings we were taught from them while we had them here to learn from. I choose the latter. Kisses to you dad. I will never forget what you have taught me. Ever! I will carry these lessons in my heart in the hopes that I can teach what you have taught me to my own children. XXOO

2 comments:

One Pretty Little Box said...

Thanks for stopping by!I have combined all of my blogs in one: www.oneprettylittlebox.com!Please,Come on by!

I Know how hard it is to lose someone you love. Seems that the heart will always long for the times together.

Me said...

I have been to your new combined blog... love it!

Post a Comment