Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs
MY WEIGHTS ARE GONE, I AM SET FREE!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

God Bless All Moms

My son is getting ready to take his driving test soon and I have been the one taking him out to drive. I have to tell you it is a toe curling experience every time I step out with him to drive. He is a very good driver don't get me wrong, but there is just something about the protective mommy in me that my toes curl and my hands clench every time I go out to drive with my seventeen year old baby. I must say that my son is a very happy boy. He belly laughed at 8 weeks old. Really belly laughed. He has the most contagious laugh and a most beautiful smile. I love my son. He is far from perfect and I butt heads with him a lot... But, he is also one of my two greatest accomplishments. My other son Dominic is my other. So on this terrific Sunday, I say to all of you mom's out there: Being a mom is the hardest job in the world, but the reward of all that hard work is the greatest. God bless all the moms out there. Dad's too. Here are some quotes to think on today:

"I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life."
~Abraham Lincoln


"Some mothers are kissing mothers and some are scolding mothers, but it is love just the same, and most mothers kiss and scold together."
~Pearl S. Buck


"M-O-T-H-E-R
"M" is for the million things she gave me,
"O"means only that she's growing old,
"T" is for the tears she shed to save me,
"H" is for her heart of purest gold;
"E" is for her eyes, with love-light shining,
"R" means right, and right she'll always be,
Put them all together, they spell "MOTHER,"
A word that means the world to me."
--Howard Johnson (c. 1915)

"God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers."
-- A Jewish Proverb


"The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom."
-- Henry Ward Beecher (1813-1887)

"Youth fades; love droops, the leaves of friendship fall;
A mother's secret hope outlives them all."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes (1809-1894)

"Mother's arms are made of tenderness,
and sweet sleep blesses the child who lies therein."
-- Victor Hugo

" A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world."
John 16:21

"Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward."
Psalm 127:3

"My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother: For they shall be an ornament of grace unto thy head, and chains about thy neck."
Proverbs 1:8-9


"She girds herself with strength, and strengthens herself daily. She perceives that her provision for her family is good: she does not retire early but works diligently to see to the needs of her family, she is not an idle woman."
Proverbs 31:17, 18, 27

0 comments:

Post a Comment