Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs
MY WEIGHTS ARE GONE, I AM SET FREE!

Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Dove's Song


Just outside my window this morning sat a dove... A cooing spotted dove. I was flabbergasted. I could hardly believe it when I saw him sitting there, pecking at my windowsill as if he wanted to come into my room. He sat there looking in at me whispering his song of coo's. I immediately forgot the painful yesterday and surrendered to the healing song of the dove who brings peace in the morning after a day and night of pain.

God...He is always singing our life song. Always bringing a new song to replace the sad songs in our lives.

God...He comes to us like a dove, as He arrives He carries peace and mercy with Him.
He extends the olive branch of promise that all will be well in our lives. Even the most painful moments will be OK.

So today, this new day there was joy in the morning just like He promises. There was joy after mourning, light after darkness and a new song to sing on this brand new day.

I am thankful today for the new song of the whispering, peaceful cooing dove.

"Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things.

Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you."
Philippians 4:6-9

4 comments:

Aimee Esparaz said...

One of my favourite verses is from Zephaniah 3:17 (NLT): "For the Lord your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs."

Amy said...

What a beautiful expression -- the Dove, God's Word, and your words. Blessed new morning to you.

Toyin O. said...

Amen, thank God for the Dove's song that brings joy to our mornings. Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning:)

Me said...

Amen everyone!!! Thank you all for visitng my site and for your lovely words of encouragement.

Post a Comment