Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs
MY WEIGHTS ARE GONE, I AM SET FREE!

Monday, July 26, 2010

Oh No I Forgot My Books

Yesterday when we were leaving the camp to return home I forgot to pack my Thin Within Book and my journal. I discovered this after I returned home and I was unpacking, and I began to panic. My first thought was there is no way that I will be able to survive the week without my book and journal. How will I get through without the encouraging messages of the Thin Within book? I can't! I am doomed. I am going to have a bad eating week I know it. In the midst of my panic God began to tap ever so gently on my shoulder... "Um Hmmm, Um Hmmm, Angie, Here I am over here. I will help you, you still have Me." He whispered ever so tenderly in the ear of my freaking out brain. Be still and know... In my panic I yelled out; "BE STILL AND KNOW WHAT???" My son was in the room and said, "Mom, who are you talking too?" I replied (in disgust if I may add), "Shh go upstairs and get your laundry!"
I was so mad at myself. So upset that I forgot my precious books. Even after hearing His still small voice trying to comfort me, I disregarded His voice and was still in an inward panic. Why was I so doubtful that He who began this amazing work in me would not carry me forward now? My lack of faith haunted me. I was determined to overcome these feelings arising up within me. I began to remember the journey I was on. The steps that I had been taking. How far I have come. This overwhelming surge of fresh courage began to spring up within me. I can do this! I can walk without waiver in this. I am reminded of this scripture in Philippians 1:6
"And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns."
He will complete the work in me. Not the Thin Within book. Him! Yes, He is using the Thin Within Book as a tool. But, it is He Himself who is completing the work in me.
I will sit back and enjoy His handiwork in my life today. I will walk a little closer to Him. Lean and cry on His shoulder if I have to today.

I will remember this today:
"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me."
Philippians 4:13

My friends so can you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment