Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs
MY WEIGHTS ARE GONE, I AM SET FREE!

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Palm Sunday



Today is Palm Sunday... so I will reflect all day thinking about what that means.

I want to share my thoughts with you today in a poem I wrote several years ago. It is a poem I take out this time of year to help me put this Season's meaning into perspective. I hope you enjoy it.

He Died For Me
By: Angelina Brignola

I have often heard the saying that if I was the only person on earth.
Jesus still would have died for only me.
I know that this is true.
That Jesus died on the cross for me.

Deeper than that, if indeed I was the only one on earth
And Jesus had to die on the cross for me…
I would have been the one to put Him on the cross to die.

It would have been me to despise and reject Him.
It would have been me to laugh at Him and mock Him.
It would have been me to curse Him and scorn Him.
It would have been me to beat Him and whip Him.
It would have been me to bruise Him and pierce Him.
It would have been me to put a crown
of thorns upon His head.
It would have been me to nail His hands
and His feet upon the cross.
It would have been me.

It was me.
I put Jesus on the cross to die.
He spilt every drop of blood in His body
to cover of my sins.
Every wound He suffered was for my transgressions.
Every stripe upon His back was for me,
that I might be healed from every sickness and disease.
Every ounce of sorrow and grief that He endured,
He endured for me.
That I might be set free from everything
that holds me captive.

Jesus died a cruel death.
My sins killed an innocent man.
I am the guilty one.
Yet, He loved me so much…
That even while I was His enemy;
HE DIED FOR ME.


"He was wounded for our rebellious acts. He was crushed for our sins. He was punished so that we could have peace, and we received healing from his wounds."
Isaiah 53:5

1 comments:

Aimee Esparaz said...

Thank you for sharing your poem! It is wonderfully written. Glad your blog is up and running again.

Post a Comment