Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs
MY WEIGHTS ARE GONE, I AM SET FREE!

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Snow Day



I had my first snow day this year, yesterday. It was quite unexpected and very much appreciated. I was able to catch up on my housework, make a delicious homemade meal and spend time with my boys. I rested and caught up on some of the shows I missed because I have been too tired to stay up and watch them. I lounged on the couch with the dogs, and just allowed my body to heal. I haven't been feeling too well lately.
Sometimes we just need a day off to rest. Even God created a day of rest.
I looked up the word rest and found this meaning; "relief or freedom, especially from anything that wearies, troubles, or disturbs." I have been weary lately. I have been worried and troubled too. Life does that to us. It leaves us weary and troubled and worried sometimes. There are so many responsibilities to live up to. So many activities to attend, and so very many choices to make. Life can be disruptive and inconvenient. But then.... we get a snow day. A day of rest and all those inconveniences come into perspective. All of those choices are easier to make and all of the worries we encounter take a back seat to the serenity and peace our body has been longing for. We have our day of rest and life just seems... better.
Today is better then yesterday. Life is not so cluttered any more. I can breathe without having to use an inhaler. Snow days. Gotta love them! That is why God created a day of rest. We all need them. Thank God for them. Mine came in the form of a snow day. Ahhh....


0 comments:

Post a Comment