Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs
MY WEIGHTS ARE GONE, I AM SET FREE!

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

How we Live Our Lives


Isn't it amazing how time can just escape us? How before we know it a week, month or years have passed before we have given time to God. Time. How priceless it is. How important it is. It goes by, tick... tock. Then before we know it, it goes away. Just like that. Snap! A vapor. A mist. I did not realize how few our days were until my dad got sick with terminal cancer. I didn't realize that his last breath would escape him within a stilled second in time in the middle of the day. It made me realize something. What is it I am waiting for? Why am I even waiting at all? Why do I put off things for tomorrow? What if tomorrow never comes? What if today will be my last day here on earth?
Over the Summer I had a Breast Cancer scare. It reminded me of how vulnerable and fragile life is. How at any given moment it can change in an instant. As I was facing the possibility of facing a fight with cancer my very existence buckled. It was during this tumultuous time that I finally got it. It is not about how much time we have, it is about what we do with the time we are given that matters. How are we living our lives?
My dad was taken way too soon, but during the time he lived, he lived so well. He lived full. He dedicated his life to God. He made everyone feel excitement for living for God when he spoke each Sunday Morning at church. He fathered many. He uplifted everyone when he was present. He told me before he died that he wanted to help more people. He was just a great servant of God that helped people. There were over a thousand people that came to his funeral. All with a memory, a story, a thought about my dad and how he helped them.
Although my dad is gone and I miss him. I want to remember him and pay tribute to his legacy by helping others. Helping others the way my dad did. Not necessarily by words or deeds, but simply by how I live my life. To speak without words. To live for God and tell His story as I live my life day to day. That is why I write this blog. It is a reflection of my life for God as I live it. A peak into my heart. A heart that is fully, 100% dedicated to God. This is something I learned from dad. To live for Him every day and gaze upon His beauty, so that my life is beautiful to others and especially beautiful to God.

"One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple."
Psalm 27:4

0 comments:

Post a Comment