Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs
MY WEIGHTS ARE GONE, I AM SET FREE!

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Life Goes On

Yesterday marked the eighth year that my dad passed away. It seems like yesterday. It is just as raw and sad as ever at the mark of each year. Life has a way of healing us in time. However, there is no healing when you lose a loved one. Time is suppose to heal all wounds, but the wound we get when someone one of a kind in your life dies never fully heals. I am discovering after eight years of missing and hurting from the loss of my dad that it is okay to be wounded. It is okay to miss someone, and hurt for them when they leave us. It is okay!

I use to feel guilty whenever I cried or felt sad about my dad. It has been eight years after all, I should be over it by now. Truth is... I am coming to realize that I don't have to feel guilty about missing my dad, and I sure don't have to get over it. I may never get over it. For the rest of my life I will miss him, think of him, and wish to God he was here with me to share life. Life does go on... but it would be better if he was here. It really would. It is okay that I think that. I use to think I had no faith because I was so wounded over losing my dad. Honestly, I grew leaps and bounds in faith because of the wound of losing my dad. This quote says it all:

"A wounded deer leaps the highest."
-Emily Dickinson


Life goes on... eight years of life have gone on. I feel stronger, faster and more capable to leap over the obstacles that life throws my way. I may be wounded but boy can I leap!!! Life goes on and I am ready! Still missing dad, but READY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment