Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs
MY WEIGHTS ARE GONE, I AM SET FREE!

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Morning

This Christmas was a bit different then any other Christmas. I spent Christmas Eve at the Hospital with my mom. She felt like she was dying, so we called the ambulance. Thankfully it was just heart burn. But none the less I spent a few hours in the ER with my mom. This made me see things in a different perspective in my life. It is amazing what a trip to the ER can do to a person.

Just when you think you have all your ducks in a row, and life could not get any better. Seriously, what is better then Christmas with your whole family surrounding you? Then BOOM! You are in the ER, thinking the worst. Hoping for the best. Praying for a miracle. As my mom was breathing breath and being diagnosed with a non lifethreatening illness, someone in that same ER was taking their last breath. Family members gathered, saying their last goodbye. Life becomes clearer to the living. More vivid, more hopeful. But, for those who lose someone... on Christmas Eve, there life becomes a little dimmer.

So, as you gather around your Christmas trees, or Christmas dinner tables today remember this quote by Charles Dickens.

"I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys."


Look around you. People everywhere. Happy and hurting, Joyful and tearful, Rejoicing and greiving... they are everywhere... Spread to all the Christmas cheer:

"For unto us was born this day a savior JESUS CHRIST THE LORD."
Luke 2:11

0 comments:

Post a Comment