Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs
MY WEIGHTS ARE GONE, I AM SET FREE!

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Back On Track


So.... I know it has been a while since I last wrote. A lot has been happening in my life that I just had to live out without writing for a while. I had to take it all in. Every inch of it... every moment of it. But, today here I am! Writing to relive the experience I gained through some of the moments I have lived in life. I am officially on Summer break. I have been spending most of my days enjoying the view at my Summer home on the Lake. I hope you enjoy the view also, with the picture I included.

I have decided to reread the book Thin Within as I laze around. I am realizing that we should never get to comfortable thinking we have conquered all of our weaknesses. You see I thought I had this eating thing under full control... but I was sadly mistaken. I discovered by rereading Thin Within that I have a long way to go. To be quite honest, I don't think I will ever fully get there. I still have "stinkin thinkin" in my head and heart about life, God and food. Yes, I faced many big issues in my life last Summer when I first discovered Thin Within. Yes, I no longer over eat and am overweight. Yes, many chains have fallen off of my life and I have been set free from heavy weights that pulled me down for many years. But.... there is more losing and releasing that must take place in my life. Sure, the obvious things have been dealt with. However, now the deeper digging starts. The peeling back of another layer in my life begins. Am I ready for this? God must think so, so I must believe that I can face another painful digging. I can, if He says I can.

So I am allowing God to shovel away at my heart of hearts again. To go deeper still. This time the digging is more complex, as if there is some cherished treasure that needs special care. The digging is slower and more deliberate. Like an excavation of uncovering some great worth. Could it be that I am of great worth.... that something lost deep down inside of me could be of great value and beauty?

I am anxious to see what God digs up from inside of me. Sure, it may be painful. But beauty is pain. I will go there... to that painful place of excavation and digging to see the beauty arise. I am ready, I ma back on track and ready!

“...Peace to you, do not be afraid. Your God and the God of your father has put treasure in your sacks for you..." Genesis 43:23

0 comments:

Post a Comment