Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs
MY WEIGHTS ARE GONE, I AM SET FREE!

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Life Get's In The Way

Sometimes life can just be moving way to fast and get in the way of peace and serenity . Lately, life has been doing that to me. With all of the end of the year preparations at my job and all of the added responsibilities of opening up my Lake house for the year, two fighting dogs, a broken computer and two teenage boys preparing for finals and regents... phew life has been a little invasive to the peace I so crave.
I look out over the day and wonder will there be just one fleeting moment of stillness and catching of my breath? Then I remember... at least I still have breath within me to catch.
A few days ago a couple that comes to the facility where I teach Infant Care Classes, lost their son. He was only six years old. He was hit by a truck... twice. When I saw the report on the news and recognized the couple from classes where I teach, my heart broke. Broke into pieces. I fell down sobbing in my living room wondering how awful it must be to this young couple to lose their six year old baby boy. How senseless it all was. But life is like that... it gets in the way. It blindsides us sometimes and makes us gasp for air as we are sucker punched with tragedies, sorrows and things that just don't make sense. Yet, He is there. There for us to lean into when the many awful, ugly and painful things happen in our lives and the lives of those around us.
As I sit here and write this today I write through the thickness, through the fire and smoke... and find some clean air to breathe. Words are my breathe of fresh air. His living word revives my soul bringing illuminating light to darkness. I am thankful today for God's word when life gets in the way!

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."
Psalm 119:105

0 comments:

Post a Comment